Feministmamaknitty
 

 
Knitting + Feminism + Mama + Grad Student
 
 
 
KnittingHelp.com --  free knitting videos, forum, and patterns
 
 
Saturday, September 01, 2007
 
So I'm back from my "vacation" in Massachusetts. Well cape cod really. My mother actually took time off from work to be with us. We went shopping and ate lots of food. And my mother actually bought me some yarn.



We were at a craft fair and we came across this tent with all this yarn. It is hand spun by this woman with only one hand. Here's her website: www.KPFiberarts.etsy.com
She was very cool. Talked to everyone while spinning right there. I was oohing and aaahing and my mum said "pick one."

Then we went to Falmouth that has 8 cousins bookstore, a whole bookstore with kids books. My son loves it. I don't think there are any children's bookstores in Oregon. There is also a little shop called Sage that has little chachkies and in the back a whole slew of yarn. I got this for $9, clearance (over 400 yards!)




I did some knitting on the beach


And finished my sock in the Las Vegas airport in between flights. Yup, they got slot machines in the airport.




Here it is on my foot.




So basically we visited family and went shopping and went to the movies and went to the beach and ate lots of food so that counts as a vacation. Here's my cousin acting silly. She's 9


But it is soooooo good to be home. I have never felt homesick as this last trip. Sometimes I can't believe I came from Boston. I'm such an Oregonian now. sigh.
Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives